Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl? More Like Pooper Bowl

Amiright? No? Okay, well, hear me out. Or read me out. Eh...just read what I'm writing and try to understand, please. For the second consecutive year, two teams for whom I truly do not care are vying for the rights to be called the best team in the NFL. At least this year neither team is being let by a (alleged) rapist. That sure made it hard to cheer for them. Now that I think about it, I feel bad that I rooted for the Steelers and not for the Packers. As a Vikings fan, that hurts to say, but I mean, rapist v. arch rival. I feel like I should choose arch rival every time.

But I digress. This year's super bowl pits Tom "Pretty Boy" Brady against his rival, Peyton Manning....'s younger brother, Eli "Derp" Manning. "Derp" isn't really Eli's nickname, but he just looks and sounds like a derp so, that's what that's all about. The only nickname I've ever heard given to Eli was "Sheli," like "She-li," like she's a girl. It made me laugh.

I'm getting pretty side-tracked with very mundane things right now. I'm sorry. As I'm typing this, I'm simultaneously trying to make mini corn dogs for the game tonight. So, there's also that going on which is pretty distracting. Anyway, I have to break this game down and predict the outcome!

I'm going to come right out and say it - I think the Giants will win, which is surprising, because I'm rooting for them. If there's one thing I've learned from being a Vikings fan, it's that the team I root for usually loses. Let me explain why I think they'll win. There's really only two reasons.

1. The Giants can pressure the quarterback. They can pressure the quarterback very, very well. I've watched two Patriots games this year, and I noticed that, most times, Tom Terrific just stands still in the pocket, never having to move, until he finds an open receiver. I don't believe he'll be able to do that against the Giants, and the pressure on him will prove to be problematic.

2. The Patriots cannot defend the deep ball. The Giants can throw the deep ball, again, very, very well. I believe that the trio of Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham will be too much for the less-than-stellar secondary of the Patriots to handle.

Given those two reasons, I believe the Giants will win, 31-21.

So, um, take that, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment