Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Twins Game (Kind Of)

Last night, I went to the Twins game with my mom and sister. The three of us had gone a couple of weeks ago on Mother's Day, as well. For that game, we had really great seats along the third base line. Since it was my mom's first time at the new stadium, though, she wanted to get up and explore a bit. During the seventh inning, we got up and walked around and ended up watching the top of the ninth inning from way up in foul territory. My mom really liked being up that high, though, so for the game last night,we got tickets way up in the upper deck along the first base line.

The game started out a little shaky. Actually, before the game started out a little shaky. My sister came home from work early the day before because she was feeling sick, so we weren't sure if she'd even be able to make it to the game. She felt better the day of the game, so we figured it would be okay. However, once we got to the stadium, she started to feel pretty sick again. I think she made it through the first inning before she decided she wouldn't be able to stay for the whole game. She left and walked to a friend's house who drove her home.

Before we even got to the stadium, we got to the parking ramp. We had to take an elevator to the street so we could get to the stadium, obviously. We got into the elevator, along with a bunch of other people, and were waiting for the doors to close when a man came sprinting over. He was comin' in hot and a few people inside the elevator reached out to keep the doors from closing. "There's always room for one more," the late comer said with a smile. That's completely false. In this instance, there was barely room for one more, so he gets a pass, but to say there's always room for one more? Totally not true. A couple seconds after that happened, a rather large couple came into view. Nobody made an attempt to hold the doors because there wasn't any room. Mr. Largeman thought there was, though, and jammed his arm in between the doors to keep them from closing. I thought for sure he'd realize there wasn't room for him and his lady once the doors were completely opened, but he didn't. Mr. and Mrs. Largeman waddled in, putting everyone in an uncomfortably tight squeeze. I did not hear that one guy say there was room for one more at this point.

The game, itself, was pretty bad. Our pitcher couldn't throw strikes, which meant the game went by very slowly. It was cold, too. My mom had said we'd be cold, but I thought I'd be okay with a sweatshirt under my jersey, and was very adamant about it. There's nothing worse than arguing over something with one of your parents and then being completely wrong about it, so I said I wasn't cold at all. I mean, I wasn't freezing, but I was pretty chilly. After the seventh inning, my mom (and secretly me) wanted to move around so we could warm up a little bit. We walked around and ultimately ended up behind the lower level seats near home plate. Here, we watched the rest of the game, which, by the way, ended with a three-run, walk-off homerun by Josh Willingham in the bottom of the ninth. It was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment