Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Emotionally Intense

I have a problem. Okay, I have a few problems. Okay, I have a plethora of problems, but I'm only going to write about one. For now, anyway. This problem I have that I'm writing about is that I get way too emotionally involved in forms of entertainment: movies, tv shows, books, I'm pretty sure I got pretty intense emotionally during a video game or two. Don't judge me.

There are two items that really stick out in my mind that had me emotionally entranced. The first was a few months ago when I was binge-watching How I Met Your Mother. A lot of times I would get saturated with emotion from watching that show, but I remember one time I got really mad at Barney (I'm not going to say the reason, in case some of you are watching and haven't gotten to this point yet. No spoilers from this guy!). I was literally yelling at my laptop, throwing soft objects in my room. I took a week long hiatus from watching the show. I just couldn't handle it. Another time - I can't really remember if this episode is before or after the Barney-throwing-me-into-a-frenzy episode - I cried. That's the first time I cried in three years, and it was because of a tv show. Remember before how I said no spoilers? Well, spoiler alert. It was the episode where Marshall's dad died. Marshall's my favie, and to see him in that situation, well, it broke my very-much-not-gay heart. I took another week long break from the show so I could recover.

The second item that triggered my emotions was The Hunger Games trilogy. I don't read many books, but when I do, I get into it. Just the other day I finished the third book, and that, itself, was enough to make me all sad. However, there were two instances where my emotional cup overflowed. Okay, I'm not that guy who's just going to flood this post with spoilers, so I'm not going to say what happened. Both instances were in the third book, though, I will say that. One made me really sad, and though I didn't have to fight back any tears, I did have to take a break for a few hours to regain my composure. The second instance just made me so flabbergasted, I couldn't think right about anything. Instead of reading on, like a normal person, I stopped and started pacing around my room trying to make sense of what had just happened. It was pretty intense - emotionally intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment