Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amish Cars

Weeeeee! Look at this new site! That's pretty neat, yeah? Yeah. It is. I kind of feel like I have to introduce myself or something, but I'm not going to do that. Actually, the fact that this is the intro for this post is a pretty good indicator that I can't think of an intro for this post.

A few months ago, my sister got a new car. There are two things wrong with that statement - 1. I don't actually know how much time has passed since she got this car, and 2. It's not actually a new car. It was a salvaged title, but when it comes to cars, 'new," to me, means, "different than the previous one," which this car is. Actually, there was no previous car... Um... My sister got a car a while ago. It's a pretty nice car. She named it Alfred, and it's black. I don't know what kind of car it is other than a black car. Named Alfred. Like I said, it's pretty nice, except it doesn't have cruise control. Or power windows. Or power locks. And the headlights are questionable at best. I was riding in it recently, and I thought, "If the Amish believed in technology and drove cars, this is the kind of car they would drive. No cruise control or power anything, and the headlights are like candles."

A time period unbeknownst to me after my sister had purchased her Amish car, my dad also purchased an Amish car. I fear that my family is slowly making the transition to Amish...ness (Amishism? Amism? Anyone?). Every time I come home from college, now, I expect to see the lights replaced with candles, a fireplace where the stove is, and the TVs replaced with etch-a-sketches. That last one would make watching the Vikings a little bit less tragic, I guess. I could just skip watching it and sketch a big "L." That would stand for loss. Because the Vikings suck and lose all the time. Boy, this post certainly changed topics pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment