Tuesday, December 6, 2011

But Im Not Tired/But I am Le Tired

"But I'm not tired." We've all said that before. Granted, most of you probably haven't said it since you were around 10. I, however, say it pretty much every day of my life. This could be considered to be a sequel to my "Passion For Sleep" post that you can find back in the archives. In that post, I mention that smart people pick when they want to go to sleep and consistently go to sleep at that time. I don't do that. I go to sleep when I'm tired, which, usually, isn't until 1:30 AM. Every night, though, at around 11:00 or 11:30, I think, "I should go to bed now...but I'm not tired." Sometimes, though, I DO go to bed before I'm tired because I know that if I stay up until I am tired, I'm not going to get enough sleep because I have to wake up at a certain time for something. I go to bed earlier, but I fall asleep around the same time, because I'm not tired. One of the worst things is not being able to fall asleep. When this happens, I set deadlines for myself to fall asleep. I'll think, "Okay, if I fall asleep in fifteen minutes, I'll still get eight hours of sleep." This actually makes me fall asleep slower because then I stop trying to sleep to see how much time has passed.
On the other hand, "But I am le tired," is an excuse I often make to not do something. Similar to when I think I should go to bed, sometimes I'll be in my room and I'll think, "I should really clean my room...but I am le tired," or, "I should put my laundry way...but I am le tired," or, "I should do study for that thing tomorrow...but I am le tired," or, "I should fire ze missiles...but I am le tired," (youtube "end of the world" and keep watching videos until you find the video that makes that last thought make sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment