Monday, January 23, 2012

All-NFL Fail Team

My friend, Aaron Sundmark (AKA Sunny) just texted me with this idea, and I thought it was fantastic. I don't know how many of you have watched NFL football this year, but there have been some pretty lackluster performances this year. Personally, I'd like to just elect the Packers as the epitome of NFL fail teams given their early exit in the playoffs, but I have to put personal feelings aside. I would feel bad for them because I know what it's like to have the best team and then underachieve in the playoffs (See: 1998 Vikings, 2009 Vikings (though 2009 was a culmination of obvious favoritism by the refs ("New Orleans is the team of Destiny!" *barf* More like team of cheap shots and complete lack of sportsmanship, amiright?) and horrendous ball control), but they're the Packers, and I had to deal with "We're the best team EVARRRR," and "Green Bay dynasty is back!" and "How many championships have the Vikings won?" and "Derpty-derp de teedly herpty derpty do" all year. I am definitely savoring these weeks before the Vikings inevitably mess up the draft and are placed on the pedestal of failure for all to laugh at and mock. Wow, that was quite the unanticipated rant. Sorry. Without further adieu, the 2011-2012 All-NFL Fail Team.

QB - Donovan McNabb/Mark Sanchez. The McNabb experiment, predictably, was a complete failure for the Vikings. He was awful, then got benched, then got placed on waivers where nobody claimed him. As for Mark Sanchez, well, he's never been good; this is just the first year people besides me finally figured that out.

RB - Marion Barber III. Barber pretty much single-handedly lost that game against Denver late in the season. He ran out of bounds when the Bears were trying to run the clock out. Then in overtime, he fumbled, which set Denver up for the game-winning field-goal.

WR - Lee Evans. This one is hard, because he's on here for his dropped TD yesterday. I personally thought he caught it, and it should've been a TD. Still, though, you gotta hang on to that, Lee!

WR - Chad Ochocinco. Seriously, what happened to Chad? 15 receptions for 276 yards and one TD...for the whole season. This is a guy who, a few years ago, had the ability to get those numbers in one game.

WR - Bernard Berrian. He was garbage before this year, but if you get cut from the Vikings, that's a pretty big fail.

TE - Jermichael Finley. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had more drops than receptions this year. If he would drop a few letters from "Jermichael," he'd have a normal name, so, fail for his name, too.

OL - 49er's unit. Alex Smith was sacked more than any QB in the NFL. I know it's not all the offensive line's fault, but it's mostly their fault.

Defense (I'm not analytical enough to find TD's allowed for CB's, or missed tackles for LB's, etc, so I'm just going to pick a defense that was very underwhelming as a whole and pick them) - Packers/Patriots/Buccaneers. The two worst defenses as far as YPG goes, and the worst defense as far as PPG goes, respectively. Bucs were also third worst in YPG, so if I had to pick just one defense (which I don't because it's my list, so they're my rules, too), I'd pick Tampa as the worst defense.

K - Billy Cundiff. Oh man. This one hurts a lot. Remember how I mentioned the 1998 Vikings? Well, in the NFC championship game that year, Gary Andersen missed two kicks that would've ended up winning us the game, after not missing a single kick the whole year. I know how it feels, Baltimore fans, but that doesn't make it any less of a fail.

P - I have no idea here. Can I use that Giants punter from last year who punted to DeSean Jackson? Yes, I can, because they're my rules.

KR/PR - Kyle Williams. That's the 49er's return man. The one who fumbled a punt in overtime to set up the game winning field goal for the Giants. Yup. Epic Fail.

You got a problem with this list? Let me know. I did probably a total of five minutes of research on this and absolutely no use of my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment