Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Applebee's Adventures

If you know me, you know that I love me some Applebee's. More specifically, I love me some half-apps (half-apps, if you're wondering, are half-priced appetizers. Applebee's has half-apps after 9:00 PM (Note: some Applebee's restaurants do not have half-apps on weekends. Be sure to ask your server about potential half-apps deals)). This past week, there was not one, but two half-apps nights for me. Both times I was accompanied by some great friends, which always makes those half-apps even more delicious (it doesn't make them even more half-priced, though). There were some shenanigans both times. One shenanigan* was pretty funny. The other, however, was just sad.

On Wednesday of last week, a bunch of friends and I went to see a movie, followed by a delicious meal at Applebee's. It's kind of a tradition for us. Anyway, our food was great, our server was patient/nice, etc. Since our server was so patient/nice, I decided I should tip an extra dollar in addition to what I already left as a tip. I pulled out this extra dollar, said, "Make it RAIIIIN!" and tossed it on the table. This dollar had other plans, though. It fluttered away and hit some girls that were walking by our table. So, in essence, I threw a dollar bill at some girls while saying "Make it RAIIIIN!" I've never laughed so hard at something I've done in my life. The sad thing, though, was that the girls didn't react at all. They didn't slow down, look in the direction of our table, look at the dollar, or anything. I mean, if I were walking by a table, and someone said "Make it RAIIIN!" I would look. Even if they didn't throw money at me, I'd look.

The very next night, I went to Applebee's again, this time with camp friends! I wasn't very hungry, but I knew I would be later, so I ordered two half-apps (I usually order two half-apps, but I'm usually hungry enough where I think I can eat two half-apps (I usually can't)). Sure enough, I still had five honey-barbecue boneless wings and two cheeseburger sliders by the time my stomach had reached maximum capacity. I asked for a box; I received two, which I thought was great, because I don't like when my food touches. I put the wings in one box and intricately drizzled ranch over them, so it wouldn't just be a big ol' delicious mess when I opened the box. I had to reconstruct my cheeseburger sliders so I could actually pick them up (Applebee's does a great job at making them delicious, but it's like they were trying to make a salad out of mini cheeseburgers - everything was just kind of there and not assembled in any way). After all of this hard work to ensure I would be fully satisfied when I opened these boxes again, we left. Except I forgot my boxes. That's a pretty decent meal I just left on the table, all neatly organized and such. I didn't even realize what I had done until about 3:00 the next morning, and hear you me, that is a horrible realization to have - especially at 3:00 AM.

*I've never used the singular form of "shenanigans" before. I thought that was worthy of a * sub point thing.** Also, I really just love using these * sub point things.

**Someday, I'm going to learn what the actual name for a * sub point thing is. Someday, but not today.

2 comments:

  1. Asterisk.
    Sad story thought, it's always unfortunate leaving behind the food that you've boxed... especially how you like it. Sad day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, duh! I knew it was an asterisk! For some reason I thought it had a different name when indicating something like this. Yeesh, good thing I'm not an English major anymore. Thanks, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete